Thursday, June 19, 2008

FMM 3rd International Conference On Excellence of Manufacturing

It was a hell without Internet in my life when my house experienced a 1 week and 1 day break down, from 9th June to 16th June. “ Tu air r, dah serap ke dalam kabel, so orang kami akan fixkannya.” one of the technicians said. It took them a week to repair it…The Malaysian Style.

Tuesday(19th June), my modem was officially pronounced ‘dead’ at 1900 and my dad have to buy a new modem. Wth…RM 198 for Aztech router, but no choice lo, no modem cannot work at all. I was supposed to collect the ‘corpse’ and the new ‘baby’ at Desa Complex, but at that time, I was in Sunway Pyramid..haha.

I was attending an International Conference, as I have mentioned it before in the previous post. It disappointed me a little, I thought the participants would surpass 150 ppl, manatau, oni 80ppl ++. The conference started at 9.15am to 6.30pm. The best part of going to a conference is, EAT!!! 10sth break time, 1 pm Lunch- Chinese Lunch set, worth RM200++, 3 sth break time. So, is this conference beneficial to me? Yeah, it is, as I have learnt 90% of new systems, technologies and methods to solve problems, but its mostly on Manufacturing sector, little on Logistics.

(Ir Segaran & Stefan Weiler respectively)

Anyway, it’s an eye opener to me, able to listen the wonderful slangs of various countries’ speakers speaking ENGLISH!!! I must admit that when the Australian guy, Chris Geragthy, Managing Partner of Kepner-Tregoe Asia Pacific started talking, I listened 1 minute and dreamt on for 3 minutes, duno wth he is talking about. Next is a Chinese Born American(CBA), cos he was ‘manufactured’ in China and raised in US since he was a few yrs old. He is Hong Li, Vice President of Lean Enterprise China. The following few speakers are :










1)Haji Abd. Wahid Mohammad, MD of Best Practice Management Consulting;

2) Ir Segaran A. Narayanan, Regional Manufacturing Excellence Manager of Schneider Electric Asia Pacific;

3) Stefan Weiler, a German, MD of Project Engineering Asia in Thailand.

After the conference, I have a chat with Hong Li, and to my surprise, he said China is still short of labor force. He explained further that it happens bcos the industries or companies could not find the graduates with the required skills and the normal turnover rate in a company in China is about 100%. I got a shocked during that time..100%, that means anyone that work in a company will(100%) leave the company after sometime, few ppl hav stayed a year in a company & bla bla bla…We(students) chatted with him until my FMM executive Director have to pull Hong Li away from us..hahaha

We left Sunway Resort around 6.30 pm and head straight to Sunway Pyramid for a bowling game. During the game, one of my fren, Chris broke her nails(est.4cm long), she was so heart broken… As usual, I won the game with a score of 105, the 2nd is around 80+ and the rest is 60+. . The following is about bowling..u can c my fren's reaction after breaking her nail..hehe..GOTCHA!)


Let me introduce who is in the Video:

1)Danny aka The Hulk- Clad in blue shirt, muscular, A's student, Mix(Dad-Iban, Mum- Indian)

2)Faizal-Dark Green shirt, energetic, fluent in english, humble

3)Justin- Shirt with blue stripes, laugh very loud, student representative

4)Adrian- Not in video, but can hear him say-"Her nail broke wei", cousin to Justin, love to eat burger

5)Sharmah aka Sharmah Tipu- White shirt, laugh the loudest, bombastic,loves football

6)Mira-Shy shy, golden hair, a little hamsap(me vely suci d), sporting

7)Chris-Lovely, want car pool? find her, natural intelligent, ex-SMK Kepong student(my senior)

8)Fong aka ahbing,fei bing,sei fei bing,leng zai bing,bingzai,binggor,小彬仔- capturing the video, most leng zai in class, cute, shy, yeng, cool, mou dak deng, mysterious, one kind wan la, American Born Chinese+British nascent+Hakka style=Malaysian & pro in Manglish

*AKA-Also Known As

K la..I wrote a little long ald, so I better stop here. I will write about Logistics in the next post. Ciao.

No comments: