Monday, June 2, 2008

A Day Late

I was supposed to post my 1st posting in my blog in commemoration of Media Freedom on June 1, however an event stopped me from executing my plan…


It was 10.30pm, Sunday, I just came out of a shop in Wangsa Permai with Choong Wai (a.k.a Kira Yamato, not Tomato) and v were heading to my car as I was fetching him back home. When I was approaching my car, I noticed a black Vios parked behind my car. The Vios was blocking 2 cars, in which half of its body were blocking mine and another half is blocking the other. So, I got into my car, started the engine, switch on to my favorite song in my phone (Nightwish-Everdream) and started to horn.


One minute past, still no sign of the owner removing the Vios. I horned again…still no sign of him/her. 5 min past and the air was filled with my car horn. 10 min past, I phoned my dad to tell him of my situation, he told me to wait as we could not do anything. 15 min past and I called my cousin Voon Ken as we were supposed to go out for a drink and called him to my aid (Btw, he was in the toilet making some ‘chocolate cake’). 20 min past and I was still horning!!! My mercy has reached the limit, when all hell was to be broken loosed.


The site started to attract people, firstly is 2 of them, so I got down of my car and talked with them. One of the good guy said I can reverse my car out if I maneuver the car into an angle(remember? Only half of the Vios’s body was blocking my car). Later, I shook my head to signify my disagreement and he offered to help me drive out, so I let him. It is also the time when an European guy came into the situation and offered his advices, while the good guy in my car was reversing, and later he stopped. The back of my car was in the position where it is entirely in the middle of the Wira (its not the car being blocked by the Vios), parked beside my car and the Vios, and no space was left between it. The good guy came down and inspect the situation while the European was expressing his views that my car can be reversed.


25 min past and the crowd grew larger to about 10 people. Yes, the European guy was right in a part, that is my car can be reversed, but he did not think of my side mirrors, which it will be broken if my car was to be reversed.


The crowd continued to grow…about 15 people. It was also the time when 5 people started to lend a hand and pushed the Vios. The alarm went off for about a minute, but to no avail, the Vios did not move as it is Auto, not manual.


Everyone was scratching their heads, ready to give up when a new hope arise. A young and pretty lady walked towards my car and told me that the Wira belonged to a Bak Kut Teh seller. I immediately asked Choong Wai to read for me the plate number of the Wira and I rushed to the stall.


The following conversation was in Cantonese, but I translated it to English:

Me: Uncle, is your car number W** ****?

Uncle: Ya, it is my car, why?

Me: My car was blocked by some sohai and he still haven’t show up. I horned for 20 min already.

Uncle: Sure, sure, sure, no problem. I will reverse it after I served a customer.


Thank God…luckily the car belongs to him, if not I will be stucked there for the rest of the night. I went back and told the European guy that the owner of the Wira is coming. The crowd grew even larger, and I lost my count. Hehe. The Uncle reversed his car while I reversed mine with the help of few people showing their hands of in what direction I should turn my wheel handle. Finally, I got out of the stupid place, and before I sped off, I lowered down the windows, horned twice, raised my hand and thanked all of them for helping me, and they replied me: “You are welcomed” by raising their hands.


I was filled with anger and at the same time, I was glad that Malaysians and Europeans are considerate to help me, and I am inspired by this event to help people when I have the chance. Anyway, after chatting with few of my friends, I really regretted of not damaging the Vios...What say u?

3 comments:

hsaw said...

Tat's malaysian style of parking... u cant aspect anything

Indeed, calling for police is one of the ways to solve, bt i dun think it is the best choice(raja di malaysia:D)

hsaw said...

increasing petrol price is killing us! Y shud they do so...
Now my mom doest let me drive too frequent, no choice! coz RM10 oni can get 3 litres... WTF! WTF! WTF!

Cheesy Chica said...

HM...now that I read your story only I know what actually happened to you during that day. Bravo for not being impatient till u bang that vios(although I know u were thinking about it at that sorta time). And bravo for getting back home without a scratch on my..i mean our saga..hahaha...
anyway, a good start for blogging! Keep it up!

Cheers
J