Monday, July 7, 2008

I Sucks In It!!

“Instead of preparing for answers, try to be curious and ask questions”

Time & time again, I came across this word Public Relation (PR), from home,skool,college to a fren whom I hav added in friendster. I have had enuf! PR, PR, PR…it just kept floating in my mind, its kind of nuisance since I could not concentrate fully on anything that I m doing. Y? Bcos I sucks in it!!! I would gv a rating of 3/10 for my PR!

Well, what is PR in my case? Its not about liaising with working colleagues but its about with my new frens. Normally, when new people ‘come into my life’, it usually take 1 month for me to really ‘fren’ wif them. For those who has the rating of 9/10 for PR, they usually take few days or lesser! “Create a conversation” said my sister “Ask questions and he/she is yours! (Nonsense!)” But luckily, I know my weaknesses and I m taking measures to improve my PR. How m I going to improve? Well, find me, and I wil show u^^. K la, lets stop writing bout myself ald, dun 1 to make a bad impression of me in u.

Anyway, I jz get my own PROTES T-shirt from a friend..haha..as souvenir..PROTES SAMPAI HARGA MINYAK TURUN!! REFORMASI!^^(For yr information, I did not attend the protest in Kelana Jaya)

Alright, lets go into the meaning of Public Relation in business & marketing environment. PR is not customer service. Customer Service is to handle the problems of customers about products and services, responding to the customers’ FAQ and satisfying their needs. PR is to deliver the messages of the company to customers, for example: AirAsia’s tagline “Now Everyone Can Fly”(jz an example, cant tink of other msgs), which means LOW COST.

“Public relations provide a service for the company by helping to give the public and the media a better understanding of how the company works. There are certain skills necessary to work in the world of PR. These include a very high level of communication skills, written and verbal. The PR person must also be very adept at multitasking and time management. He or she may also have some form of media background or training in order to understand how the media and advertising work.”

PR worker would normally work their ass up to find and network with other people and companies, to bring sales and profits to his organization. Retaining the customers is also their job, which is why communication skills is vital, find a weak spot in the customer, hit tat spot, amuse the customer with yr wit, and a business will be created. Its really a tough job as they are dealing with HUMANS(most susah to handle one...correctx3)!!!!!

Jadi, lain kali bila kamu jumpa atau bercakap dgn orang PR, janganlah marah mereka, dengar apa yang mereka offer, dan jika tidak interested, rejectlah dengan berperikemanusiaan. Mereka hanya melaksanakan kerja mereka, bawa profit kepada syarikat mereka, adakah itu satu kesalahan? Tanyalah sendiri.

Push for a Change in Malaysia. You Can Make A Difference.

1 comment:

Cheesy Chica said...

Eh? your sis got say like that meh? ;P...apa nonsense...everybody has a sense of PR in themself, its just how they bring this point out from themself.

PR is how we connect with people, a simple definition. And the first thing we can start with is to SMILE..so, dont forget to smile to everyone that meets your eyes. You'll never know who you can "PR" with ;)

Cheers